Processing Associate – Edmonton Manning Crossing
POSTED ON: April 21, 2017
Date Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017
Application Deadline: Friday, April 28, 2017
Location: 600 Manning Crossing, Edmonton, AB
Job Type: Part-Time Hourly Position (Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends)
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is a donor-driven social enterprise with the purpose of providing individuals with disabilities the opportunity to enhance their lives through meaningful employment. The success of Goodwill’s retail operations revolves around the generosity of people in our community choosing to donate to Goodwill. These donated items are then sold at low prices to the public through Goodwill retail stores, giving the community the opportunity to get quality items at a greater value.
At Goodwill, we value Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Recognition, Customer Service, and Safety. Our ambitious, motivated and hard-working team members set us apart as an organization driven towards greatness.
Goodwill is currently looking for reliable, positive, team-oriented individuals with effective communication skills. As a Processing Associate, you will primarily work in the processing area of the store handling a variety of donated goods and/or on the sales floor stocking shelves and provide customer service.
Reporting to the Retail and Processing Store Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Transport items to and from the sales.
- Prepare items for sale by hanging clothing, cleaning items as needed, and /or bagging items that need to be kept together.
- Inspect, sort, grade and/or assign prices or other actions needed to donated items.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Adhere to all accessibility, health and safety policies and protocols within the organization and participate in any available programs.
- To work in a multi-functional environment and may at any time be asked to move to assist in other areas or to perform functions outside of their regular duties.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or older and pass a criminal record check.
- As this position requires lifting, sorting and moving donations, candidates must be able to regularly lift in excess of 10 kilograms (22 pounds) and perform physical work on a continual basis.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule which includes weekends and evenings.
- Ability to work in a multi-functional environment and encourage teamwork by creating a fun and energized environment.
The Application Process:
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence via email to email@example.com by Friday, April 28, 2017. For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
The Application Process:
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their resume and cover letter in confidence using the form below or via fax @ 780-669-5630 by the above mentioned closing date.
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.