Date Posted: June 12, 2018
Application Deadline: June 26, 2018
Job Type: FT Salaried
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Brand Lead, Digital Content and Marketing is responsible for leading, coordinating and executing the Social Media strategy and digital marketing for Goodwill, which includes:
- Assisting in the creation of the Communication Strategy to promote the mission, brand awareness and engagement of the organization across multi-media channels.
- Providing recommendations on repositioning and rebuilding of our retail stores.
- Creating brand awareness in the community.
In collaboration with the Director, Brand Integrity and Business Relations, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assist in planning, implementing and evaluating communications strategies and plans aligned with the organizations mission and strategic plan.
- Seek out and create stories for multi-media application.
- Manage and monitor day-to-day social media activity creating content, responding to posts and encouraging engagement.
- Maintain all corporate social media platforms and corporate website.
- Develop advertising and brand awareness campaigns on a yearly basis, in collaboration with the Brand Integrity & Business Relations team.
- Continuously investigate and assess marketing and brand awareness opportunities for Goodwill that support the objective of increasing revenue with the existing store and dominating the donations market place.
- Develop, coordinate, implement and evaluate all organizational events, internal and external.
- Develop new events, maintaining, organizing and managing existing special events from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently, and generate maximum revenue and exposure.
Successful candidates will have:
- Degree in Marketing specializing in Digital Content.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in digital content/social media, marketing, media relations and event planning.
- May be required to work a flexible schedule, including evening and weekends.
- Must have a valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Strong writing and editing skills, and demonstrated experience managing the production and distribution of a variety of communications materials.
- Proficiency with word processing, social media/digital tools and analytics and audio/visual equipment and editing software required.
- Excellent understanding of social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, WordPress, Tumblr and Instagram.
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 26, 2018. Applicants should also provide a 1-2 minute video on how they will be a great fit for the role.
We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.