Date Posted: January 11, 2018
Application Deadline: January 18, 2018
Location: 11415 168 St NW, Edmonton, AB
Job Type: PT Hourly
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Cashier is responsible for work in the outlet store area, providing world-class customer service and sales floor related duties while ensuring a healthy and safe working environment.
In collaboration with the Outlet Store Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Performing opening tasks, including cleaning glass cases, cleaning counters, and straightening and restocking cashier work station.
- Greeting customers as they enter Goodwill.
- Processing customer purchase transactions.
- Packing customer purchases in bags or boxes.
- Representing the company by providing world-class customer service.
Successful candidates will:
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working in a warehouse environment is an asset.
- Great teamwork skills to help boaster the culture of teamwork at the Impact Centre.
- The ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 18, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.