Store Donation Attendant
Date Posted: June 8th, 2018
Application Deadline: June 14th, 2018
Location: 600 Manning Crossing NW
Job Type: PT Hourly
Shift: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Store Donation Attendant is responsible receiving donations from donors, all the while maintaining world class customer service. Donations are then sorted and distributed to appropriate areas for detailed processing.
In collaboration with Retail & Processing Store Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Welcoming donors to Goodwill and assisting them with donations
- Sorting donations into designated bins once the donor has left
- Distributing donations to the appropriate processing locations
- Assisting with the loading and unloading of Goodwill transportation trucks
- Maintaining a clean and inviting Donation area for all customers and team members
Successful candidates will:
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Have a minimum age of 16 or older
- Have the ability to work in a team environment
- Have the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Have the ability to perform physical work on a continuous basis
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill to email@example.com by June 14th, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.