Date Posted: January 4, 2018
Application Deadline: Ongoing
Job Type: Casual, PT Hourly – Shifts will be scheduled around Fridays, holidays and summer months.
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Goodwill is currently looking for a Casual Employment Coach to provide vacation relief to our Career Connections department in Grande Prairie. The Employment Coach plays a critical role in providing training and coaching for people with disabilities whose goal is to become as independent as possible in their community jobs and /or volunteer positions. The Employment Coach support individuals so they can progress and learn how to perform their jobs accurately, efficiently, safely and successfully.
In collaboration with the Manager, Career Connections, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assisting individuals in the orientation to employers’ procedures, products, services, standards, and policies.
- Breaking job duties and assignments into specific steps to facilitate the individuals learning and independence, ensuring quality of completed tasks.
- Monitoring individuals’ performance including determining when the individual is capable of performing the job independently.
- Assisting and advising individuals in building natural supports in the workplace.
- Identifying, implementing and liaising with the employer in the development of effective work accommodations in collaboration with the employment coordinator.
- Acting as an ambassador for Goodwill to build strong relationships with employer to help facilitate program growth.
- Providing individuals constructive feedback in order to enhance employee productivity and efficiency.
- Providing on going assessment of supported individuals, determines necessary changes to meet the support needs of the individual, and provides necessary training and support for successful job performance.
Successful candidates will have:
- Minimum 2 years of post-secondary education, rehabilitation diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or barriers to employment.
- Valid Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Must have own vehicle, a valid class 5 driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- An interest to work with individuals with disabilities.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication
- The ability to influence, empower and motivate others.
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The ideal candidate is someone who has had past experience as a teacher or teaching assistant and looking to fill their time off around Fridays, holidays and summer months.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.