Date Posted: August 8 2019
Application Deadline: August 22 2019
Location: Edmonton AB
Job Type: Full-time Salaried
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Employment Coach is responsible for providing training and coaching for people with disabilities whose goal is to become as independent as possible in their community jobs and /or volunteer positions. The Employment Coach support individuals so they can progress and learn how to perform their jobs accurately, efficiently, safely and successfully.
In collaboration with Career Connections Supervisor, your key responsibilities will include:
- Assists individuals in the orientation to employers’ procedures, products, services, standards, and policies.
- Breaks job duties and assignments into specific steps to facilitate the individuals learning and independence, ensuring quality of completed tasks.
- Monitors individuals performance including determining when the individual is capable of performing the job independently.
- Identifies, implements and liaises with the employer in the development of effective work accommodations in collaboration with the employment coordinator.
- Acts as an ambassador for goodwill to build strong relationships with employer to help facilitate program growth.
- Provides on going assessment of supported individuals, determines necessary changes to meet the support needs of the individual, and provides necessary training and support for successful job performance.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a Rehabilitation diploma or equivalent education in the human services field.
- Have more than 1-year experience in the field of employment supports, working with individuals with disabilities and/or barriers, or working with persons from diverse backgrounds.
- Have a valid Standard First Aid Certificate.
- Have their own vehicle, a valid class 5 driver’s license, vehicle insurance, appropriate registration and a clean driving record.
- Have a demonstrated ability to teach effectively using various instructional methods.
- Be able to communicate effectively through oral and written communication and documentation.
- Be able to work with little or no supervision
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill by August 22, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.