Date Posted: April 9, 2018
Application Deadline: April 27, 2018
Job Type: FT Salary
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Goodwill is currently looking for a dynamic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit to join the team! The Goodwill@WORK Manager is responsible for championing the activities of the Goodwill@WORK program. The program centers on the development and support of micro social enterprises serving people with disabilities in the community with a mandate to produce earned income for Goodwill and support Goodwill’s Sustainability Action Plan.
In collaboration with Director, Career Connections, your key responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, cultivating and supporting the entrepreneurial efforts of the Goodwill@WORK program and its partnering stakeholders.
- Operating programs within defined budget limits, monitors monthly expenditures, addresses variances, management of external funding and grants and participates in budget planning.
- Working with the Director, Career Connections, to ensure CARF readiness standards are met year-round to achieve and maintain CARF accreditation for the program.
- Ensuring the CARF Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) is adhered to continuously, to ensure CARF readiness at all times.
- Developing and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with partnering agencies and non-profits.
- Fostering a climate of entrepreneurship by leading and empowering team members, partners, and community stakeholders to succeed.
- Working closely with the People and Culture portfolio to manage employee relations with team members.
- Developing, coordinating and monitoring team member schedules.
- Setting clear expectations for team members; monitoring performance against these expectations.
Successful candidates will have/demonstrate:
- Degree in Business Management, or a related human services field and equivalent business management experience.
- Three to five years’ experience in the areas of social science and/or business.
- 5 years of demonstrated experience in a leadership role.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificate.
- Must have own vehicle, a valid class 5 driver’s license, vehicle insurance, appropriate registration and a clean driving record.
- Knowledge of business management principles, budget formulation, and financial management.
- Knowledge of contract administration principles, negotiating techniques, and cost/price/value analysis.
- Strong working knowledge of available entrepreneurial and business start-up resources.
- Works an irregular schedule as necessary and travels to various locations in the province.
- Able to influence, empower and motivate others and hold team members accountable for the completion of responsibilities.
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to email@example.com by April 27, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check, including a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.