Date Posted: February 13, 2018
Application Deadline: March 1, 2018
Job Type: FT Salaried position
Salary: $60,000 – $70,000 annually
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) is responsible providing continual improvement and integrated HR solutions in line with the Goodwill’s purpose, vision, values and strategy. HR support provided to leaders and team members is one of partnership and accomplished by serving as a consultant to all levels of leadership on HR-related issues by assessing and anticipating HR-related needs, and seeking to value-added solutions. The HRBP must maintain an effective level of business literacy about the organization’s business units including employee relations and culture.
Reporting to the VP, People and Culture, your key accountabilities and responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to a high performance people-focused, purpose-driven culture through personal leadership, teamwork and the development of individual accountability for performance and continuous improvement.
- Championing and encouraging demonstration of Goodwill’s values and Guiding Principles.
- Implementing Goodwill’s human resource policies, procedures and strategies.
- Contributing to a positive working environment through involvement & participation in enterprise initiatives.
- Recruitment and Selection
- Work with the HRBP and leaders to manage the Recruitment and Selection team members at all levels.
- Support and work with Managers to ensure the productive onboarding of the successful candidates into the role and the enterprise.
- Performance Management and Improvement Planning
- Coach and advice managers in effective conduct and management of all performance management processes.
- Support leaders in responding to any team member grievances.
- Provide proactive management coaching to work with team members prior to initiating the formal performance improvement process.
- Develop HR systems for the organization.
- Audit and redevelop current HR policies, processes and systems, in line with Goodwill’s culture.
- Develop and deliver workshops in line with the Learning and Development Strategy, addressing technical and leadership skill development, including the tools.
- Prepare, co-ordinate and provide relevant HR reporting as required monthly, quarterly and annually utilizing databases and systems.
- Contributes to special projects as identified by the VP, People and Culture, ensuring project outcomes are achieved or progress on track in accordance with a project plan.
Successful candidates will have:
- A degree or diploma specializing in Human Resource Management.
- CPHR designation or working towards is an asset.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources with progressive responsibilities.
- Strong working knowledge of Alberta Employment Standards and Human Rights Legislation required.
- Experience using an HRIS software; experience using ADP is an asset.
- Prior experience working in retail or social services industries is considered an asset.
- Advanced written and verbal communication, and presentation skills.
- A high level of emotional intelligence and relationship building skills with a variety of stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to plan, prioritize and make decisions.
- Advanced leadership and coaching skills, using a variety of learning/training concepts.
Goodwill Core Competencies:
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow team members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow team members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow team members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow team members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 1, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.