Date Posted: September 6, 2019
Application Deadline: September 20, 2019
Location: Sherwood Park
Job Type: PT Hourly
Shift: Days, Evenings, Weekends
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Processing Associate is responsible for the processing area of the store, handling a variety of donated goods and/or on the sales floor stocking shelves and providing customer service.
In collaboration with Retail & Processing Store Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Inspecting, sorting, grading and/or assigning prices to donated items.
- Preparing items for sale by hanging clothing, cleaning items as needed, and /or bagging items that need to be kept together.
- Transporting items to and from the sales floor.
- Providing world class customer service to all Goodwill customers.
Successful candidates will:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- Minimum age of 16 or older
- The ability to work well in a team oriented environment
- The ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends
- The ability to perform physical work on a continual basis
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill by September 20, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.