Date Posted: October 25, 2022
Job Type: Full-Time (25 - 37.5 hours per week)
Wage: $17.45 - $18.50/hour
Shifts: Weekdays, Weekends and Evenings
Posting ID: 28-PFS
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next Product Flow Supervisor? Reporting to the Store Manager we are looking for a team-oriented, service-driven individual to work in the retail and processing environment to assist in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the store including, planning, organizing and monitoring the flow of goods in the store from delivery to the retail floor, site cleanliness and interacting with donors and customers. In addition, the individual will also be responsible for training, leading, coaching and directing production team members in the day-to-day operations of the store.
What you’ll be doing:
In collaboration with the Store Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Manage the flow of product from the warehouse, the production area, donor door and the sales floor based on the product available, targets and staffing levels.
- Execute inbound and outbound replenishment, inventory, merchandising, stock rotation, quality and pricing processes.
- Providing expertise in warehousing, processes, production, optimization, customer service and donor experience.
- Effectively communicate with the Donation Centers, Impact Center and Transportation regarding donation needs, movement and progress.
- Responsible for material handling equipment. Conducting material handling equipment inventory and preventative maintenance checks to ensure all equipment is in safe working order.
- Secure the correct usage of short and mid-term capacity needs by creating warehouse capacity though space optimization using available methods and routines.
- Identify, recruit and develop talent in the store to secure succession planning.
- Provide team with performance feedback in consultation with the Human Resources Department.
- Supervise staff, provide encouragement and coaching when necessary.
- Train other Goodwill Team Members how to perform all aspects of a particular job including paperwork and documentation required.
- Product Flow Supervisors work in a multi-functional environment and may at any time be asked to switch or rotate tasks to assist in other areas or to perform functions outside of their regular duties.
- Product Flow Supervisors may also be required to participate in any training or meeting functions as requested by Goodwill.
What you bring to the table:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be eligible to work in Canada.
- A minimum two (2) years related supervisory experience and directing work flow.
- As this position requires lifting, sorting and moving donations, candidates must be able to regularly lift in excess of 10 kilograms (22 pounds) and perform physical work on a continual basis.
- Basic mathematical and written English skills to maintain reports
- Ability to work in a culturally diverse working environment.
- A friendly, courteous demeanor and a professional appearance.
- Able to comfortably and enthusiastically converse, in English, with team members, donors and other members of the public about Goodwill and its mission.
- You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should apply here. Applications will be reviewed once the video pre-screen has been submitted. If there are any questions or you require accommodations, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org . We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.