You Can Ride 2 Program Coordinator – Edmonton
Date Posted: July 12 2019
Application Deadline: July 26 2019
Location: Edmonton, AB
Job Type: PT Hourly, 1 Year Contract with possibility of extension
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
You Can Ride 2 (YCR2) is a division of Goodwill that offers two programs: a six week Learn to Ride course for children over the age of 8 and a Borrow a Bike program for kids and youth aged 3-20. The latter is an adapted bicycle loan pool which provides bikes on loan to children whose special needs prevent them from riding a 2-wheel bicycle and allows children the freedom to ride with their friends and families.
The Program Coordinator is responsible support and work with the vision and direction of the existing program volunteers to manage the ongoing operations of the YCR2 program. This includes supporting volunteers, coordinating events, fundraising, working with community partners, and reporting on program activities to the YCR2 Board.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Managing program administration including program reporting, website & social media management, file management and supply & inventory management.
- Overseeing financial management of YCR2 programs, including invoicing, tracking donations and managing budgets.
- Planning and coordinating community events, including coordinating volunteers and participants.
- Managing program volunteers including recruitment, training and scheduling.
- Spearheading fundraising efforts including researching and writing grants, as well as developing relationships and corporate sponsorships.
- Working closely with mechanics to ensure bikes are well-fitted and safe, along with arranging transportation for adapted bikes.
- Working with YCR2 Board to develop a strategic plan focused on program sustainability.
- Continuously looking to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Holding oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
Successful candidates will:
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in related field.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience with program coordination and development, including fundraising and planning events.
- 1 to 2 years’ experience managing volunteers including recruitment, training and scheduling.
- Experience in bicycle maintenance and repair is an asset.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a vehicle required, as occasional driving will be necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all YCR2 and Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 26, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check and Child Welfare Check.
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.