Date Posted: January 9, 2018
Application Deadline: January 23, 2018
Job Type: FT Salaried
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the coordination and reporting of Career Connections Employment Programs (CC). As such, the Program Coordinator manages our various program contracts and deliverables along with the CC outcomes management system and the development and maintenance of the Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database.
In collaboration with the Director, Career Connections, your key responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with funders and Social Solutions representatives.
- Continuously looking to improve mission services related to CC employment programs and supports.
- Proactively identifying and addressing the needs of the CC of Work service delivery in support of long term sustainability and growth.
- Prepares quarterly reports of outcome performance/funds used to date and projects future months.
- Ensures CC meets the outcomes monitoring and reporting requirements of funders, CARF and Goodwill Industries International (GII).
- Assists with preparation for CARF accreditation standards.
- Assists in the development of the CARF Quality Improvement Plan.
- Assists with CC policy and procedure development and revision.
- In consultation with the Managers and the Director, develops and maintains the CC outcomes measurement and management system, and continuous improvement processes according to policies and procedures and CARF accreditation standards.
- Reviews and verifies data from ETO. Investigates missing data.
- Trains staff on ETO use and assists staff as needed in using ETO.
- Prioritizes new ETO CC projects/revisions and develops improvements in consultation with the Managers. Consults with internal stakeholders about ways to improve ETO within existing IT restrictions.
Successful candidates will have:
- Rehabilitation diploma or equivalent education/experience in Human Services.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or barriers to employment.
- Valid First Aid certificate.
- Must have own vehicle, a valid class 5 driver’s license, and a clean driving record.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate through oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and use and facilitate good judgment quickly and effectively.
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to email@example.com by January 23, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.