Date Posted: September 30, 2019
Application Deadline: October 21, 2019
Job Type: Full-Time Hourly. Day, evening and weekend shifts.
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill, where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
We are currently looking for a Retail & Processing Supervisor. Retail & Processing Supervisors are responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of all aspects of the store including donation collections, material processing, sales, personnel management, health and safety initiatives, financial performance, and loss control activities.
In collaboration with Retail & Processing Store Manager, your key responsibilities will include:
- Being a role model of world class customer service
- Performing opening and closing procedures involved in the financial management of the store
- Assisting in preparing team member schedules
- Monitoring team member production and motivating team members to meet target and goals
- Training other team members on how to perform all aspects of a particular job
- Ensuring all areas remain presentable and safe for all customers and team members
Successful candidates will:
- Have a High School Diploma or equivalent work experience. Post-secondary education in retail or business management is considered an asset
- Have experience leading a team in a retail environment
- Have the ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Have the ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and the ability to think on their feet
- Deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers
- Demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose
- Maintain an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions
- Recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities
- Contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times
- Hold oneself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose
- Continuously look to improve oneself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience
- Prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
*The use of a personal vehicle may be required.
The Application Process:
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 14, 2019. We thank all applicants for their interest wanting to be a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.