Goodwill is looking for volunteers who are able to donate their time on a regular basis (2 – 3 shifts per week) to our worthy purpose of helping people with disabilities within the Alberta community find meaningful employment. If you believe in our mission and are passionate about helping people with disabilities enhance their lives then this is the opportunity for you.
Goodwill volunteers are valuable team members within the Goodwill family and display ongoing commitment to living our values:
- Customer Service,
- Team work,
- Recognition, and
- Health and Safety.
The Opportunity – Volunteer Greeter
Customers are essential to the success of any organization. At Goodwill, we value our customers and want to provide the best customer service experience possible. To make this happen, we are looking for dedicated Volunteer Retail Associates who believe in our mission and are passionate about serving customers.
To be successful as a Greeter, you are someone who is:
- Friendly and approachable.
- Passionate about providing great customer service.
- Dependable and reliable.
- Able to communicate in English.
- 16 years or older and pass a criminal record check.
As a Greeter, you will:
- Greet every customer with a smile.
- Provide fast, friendly service by actively welcoming customers and quickly assessing their needs in order to provide assistance.
- Answer questions about merchandise; escort them to appropriate area if needed.
- Inform customers about current and upcoming sale promotions.
- Thanks customer for shopping/donating at the Goodwill and for their support of our mission.
If this opportunity interests you and you would like to learn more, please contact our Human Resource Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your interest in the Volunteer Greeter position. Please be sure to include your contact information so we may be able to reach you.
Come and join our great team that helps Albertans with disabilities get jobs!
Other Relevant Details:
Department: Donated Goods and Retail
Reporting to: Retail and Processing Store Manager
Work Location: Goodwill Stores in Edmonton, Calgary, and Grande Prairie
Position Type: Volunteer
Working Conditions: Retail store; warehouse environment