Goodwill Industries of Alberta (Goodwill) is seeking volunteers for its Board of Directors. This is a great opportunity to be involved with an organization that making great strides in enriching the lives of people with disabilities in Alberta.
Goodwill’s Board of Directors is comprised of Alberta leaders who are dedicated to supporting and promoting Goodwill’s mission, championing the importance of providing exceptional leadership, and serving people.
We are seeking applicants from the Edmonton and Calgary metro regions who have a background in board leadership and strategic outlook to support Goodwill’s growth strategy and aim to enrich the lives of people with disabilities, and members who reflect the diversity of Alberta’s communities.
Key responsibilities of Goodwill’s Directors are to:
- Be an ambassador who promotes and advances Goodwill’s overall purpose and mission, including using their role as an ambassador to help to secure partnerships and financial resources.
- Provide leadership, advisement, and guidance to the Board and its committees with an aim to strengthen Goodwill’s
- Dedicate 8-18 hours per month for Board and committee meetings and community
Why should you volunteer as a Goodwill Board Director?
As a Goodwill’s Board of Directors, you will:
- Help build a stronger, sustainable Goodwill and create meaningful employment for Albertans with
- Apply your expertise in the social profit sector and help advance Goodwill’s social impact in
- Enhance your career by providing a different perspective on what it takes to deliver impact, raise resources, and ensure accountability of an enterprise enhancing the social
- Meet a diverse range of
- Network with like-minded community-builders.
- Feel great about making a meaningful, positive impact in your
How to Apply
If you are interested in participating on Goodwill’s Board of Directors, please forward your résumé along with a letter of intent specifically detailing the following (maximum 500 words):
- Statement of Intent: Why do you wish to serve as a volunteer on Goodwill’s Board of Directors? How you will contribute to promoting Goodwill’s mission and presence in Alberta?
- Governance Experience: Please outline your board governance experience (volunteer, work, and education), including previous and current board service (i.e., boards served, length of time, positions held, and significant contributions).
- Areas of Expertise: Please list your areas of professional expertise, such as: legal, sustainability, strategic planning, communications, marketing & sales, community relations, public & media relations, human resources, information technology, social profit sector, non-profit sector, financial management, accounting, auditing, enterprise risk management, retail operations, government relations, leadership, supporting people with disabilities, property management, metrics & analytics, occupational health & safety, stakeholder relations & networking, ethics & corporate social responsibility, fund development &
Please submit all required information via email to email@example.com. Applications for Board positions are being accepted. Interviews will be conducted; new members may be appointed to the Board at the AGM.