Stampede 2020 left a mark that will all remember for years to come!
Despite the official cancellation of the 108th Calgary stampede, the stampede spirit couldn’t be cancelled at Goodwill stores and for western influencers like Renata Perili. Renata shares her love of all things western and country including her love of thrifted and vintage fashion on her Instagram page @Renata.Rae. Renata loves styling unique and vintage pieces to create outfits that can go from the rodeo to the midway and beyond.
In keeping the stampede spirit alive this year, we tagged along as Renata took us through a typical pre-stampede week shop at our Calgary Goodwill stores and as she shared her final #GoodwillStampede looks. She hit three of our Calgary stores and shopped for pieces not only for her but her two adorable kids – daughter Aurora and son Connor.
Here’s a few of Renata’s go to tips for putting together your perfect Stampede outfit together at Goodwill:
- Accessories make an outfit – Renata looks for anything that has a vintage vibe and has conchos. Sometimes she’ll even looks for a cool bolo tie – a closet staple for cowboys and girls!
- Belts are a must – they are a great way to add shape and western flair to any outfit
- Look for the white cowboy hat – You’ll be in great company if you don a classic Calgary white hat – like Princess Kate and Prince William did in 2011! Goodwill carries many of the Calgary classic white hats that are great quality and perfect for any weather at the grounds.
- Look for little unique details on cowboy boots – Details, extra design elements add a bit of interest and style to your outfit.
- Don’t forget to give your home the western/stampede treatment – from picture frames, to mugs to western/prairie inspired art work, the stampede spirit can even live on in your home décor!
Throughout the week, Renata shared her final #GoodwillStampede looks with us and we’re not sure which look we loved best!
As the sun sets on Stampede for 2020, thanks to everyone who followed along on Renata’s take over, shopped our showed their boots and keep the stampede spirit alive. 2021 is sure to be bigger, bolder, and even better – Yahoo!