It’s that time of year when we spring clean the city to make our community clean, safe, and attractive for the summer. Goodwill is hosting this effort in conjunction with City Cleanup, a litter reduction program in municipalities around Alberta.
Join us on Thursday, May 17, 2018 at 10:00 a.m. The Goodwill Stores in Calgary, Edmonton, and Grande Prairie are all taking part in a clean-up-the-city initiative because we care about our communities.
At 10:15 a.m., our store teams will step outside to pick up any garbage/litter around our buildings. Both the City of Edmonton and the Goodwill Calgary store will offer “litter kits” and gloves/garbages bags, respectively. All Goodwill locations will also be accepting donations of items you’re clearing out thanks to spring cleaning.
At Goodwill, your safety is our first concern. Please follow these safety rules when you join us for spring cleaning:
- ALWAYS wear gloves and proper footwear (no open-toe shoes).
- DO NOT pick up needles/syringes, glass, sharp, heavy or oversized objects or hazardous waste.
- DO NOT remove large items that are too heavy to carry.
- NEVER approach any animal, dead or alive.
- DO NOT approach homeless encampments.
- DO NOT compress garbage or reach into containers with hands or feet.
- DO NOT walk on roadways or steep hills and embankments.
- REMEMBER to stay hydrated and wash your hands after the cleanup.
- DO NOT trespass on private property.