We are currently looking for passionate, dedicated and compassionate Albertans to support our furniture repair pilot program. These volunteers will repair broken furniture donated to Goodwill to make it sell-able in our store and divert more goods from landfills. This opportunity will allow volunteers to have a direct impact in supporting Goodwill’s mission, while having the ability to have fun with a diverse team.
– Fixing repairable furniture donated to Goodwill using spare parts.
– Refinishing furniture donated to Goodwill to enhance resale value.
– Assessing the furniture inventory to determine how they can be repaired and sold in Goodwill stores.
– Preparing items for sale and transport at various Goodwill locations.
– Operating power and/or pneumatic tools, table saws, sanding, etc.
– Ensuring a clean, organized and safe work environment at all times, as per site image standards outlined.
Volunteers will be based out of the Edmonton Impact Centre and are expected to volunteer 3-6 hours weekly, on either Fridays and Saturdays anytime between 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
We are looking for a minimum of a 3 month commitment to ensure volunteers can build positive relationships with our team members and get fully immersed in the Goodwill mission.
Volunteers will be required to provide a clear Vulnerable Sector Check within 30 days of their first shift.
Goodwill will provide volunteers with Safety, Disability Awareness and hands-on task specific training.