Spring is the season for new beginnings, for transition, for rejuvenation. Mentally, there is something that happens to us as the weather gets warmer and we shirk off the baggage of winter. In a practical sense, that can be putting the snow boots away and bringing out the flip flops. For many, it means spring cleaning!
Here at Goodwill Alberta, we are calling on Albertans to join our spring cleaning #GoodwillChallenge. Throughout nine weeks, we will systematically help you clear out your house, room by room, so you have the space to embrace the new season.
The rules are simple:
- We’ll clear out one room together each week
- For nine weeks
- You have to donate 10 items you no longer want, need or use from each room
- We challenge you to invite 10 friends to join you in the #GoodwillChallenge
- Finally, upload a photo of your items as you’re spring cleaning or dropping them off at a Goodwill Alberta donation centre using the hashtag #GoodwillChallenge
Here are just a few of the reasons you should join the #GoodwillChallenge:
- Declutter your home
- Make space for more #GoodwillFinds
- Say ‘bye’ and give your preloved things a chance to be loved again
- A fun family activity
- Help Albertans with disabilities find employment
- Simplify your life and relax
- Contribute towards your local community
- An opportunity to reorganise rooms
- Get active – cleaning burns calories!
- Re-discover forgotten treasures
- Get ready for summer – clear house, clear mind