Edmonton, AB (May 14, 2020) – With safety precautions in place and lessons learned from our re-opening of thrift stores on May 16, Goodwill is excited to bring back more team members to re-launch 3 more thrift retail locations as together we continue to rally to overcome an unforeseen obstacle as we revive what was temporarily lost.
On Thursday May 21, 2020, Goodwill is taking steps to re-launch the largest Goodwill thrift retail store in Alberta with Westview, alongside Manning Crossing in Edmonton. While in Calgary, MacLeod Trail is set to open their doors to the general public. Measures to slowly re-open our thrift stores are done ensuring the health and well-being of our clients, donors, shoppers, volunteers and employees.
On Saturday May 23, 2020, a chinook is blowing through MacLeod Trail in Calgary as the store at 5707 Macleod Trail SW is opening their doors.
The Edmonton Impact Centre and Outlet store will have some temporary rules in place for safety:
Stores will operate from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m including the Edmonton Impact Centre.
Here is a complete list as to what thrift stores are OPEN:
Edmonton and area
- SouthPark – #180, 3803 Calgary Trail NW
- Westview – 18715 Stony Plain Rd. NW
- Manning Crossing – 600 Manning Crossing NW
- Whyte Avenue – 10110 82 Avenue NW, Unit 205
- Impact Centre and Outlet Store
- Sherwood Park – 130 Athabascan Avenue, Sherwood Park
- Spruce Grove – 98 McLeod Avenue, Spruce Grove
Calgary and area
- Beacon Heights – #710, 12024 Sarcee Trail NW
- TransCanada – 1440 – 52 St. NE
- MacLeod Trail – 10426 MacLeod Trail SE (Willow Park area)
- Chinook – 5707 Macleod Trail SW (by Chinook mall)
- Varsity – 4625 Varsity Dr NW
- Airdrie – 306, 800 Veterans Blvd. NW, Airdrie
- Grande Prairie – 10940 100 Avenue
ALL STORES OPEN
This is a large step to bring back an organization that has helped so many through the power of work as 89% of funds raised from purchases at Goodwill go back into programs to help those with disabilities find and gain meaningful employment.
Policies will be in place for Goodwill’s thrift retail stores, including but not limited to:
- Sneeze guards at the check-outs
- Physical Distancing measures
- Maximum occupancy limits
- Employees wearing COVID related personal protective equipment
- No contact donation drop-offs
- Disinfecting and sanitizing all donations upon arrival in partnership with True North Environmental Solutions.
The world has changed, but our community hasn’t. Our province continues to share goodness to our fellow neighbours who are quarantined. We continue to deliver good vibes throughout our cities. We give when we are struggling. We help when we need help the most. Together, we are spreading the good.